SUB-EDITING AND JOURNALISM
Ultimate Rugby Sevens is seeking an aspiring journalist to join its dynamic team for a work experience placement in their London office from June-August 2010 .
UR7s.com is an interactive multimedia and promotional platform dedicated to every level of rugby sevens worldwide. It is the sport’s most comprehensive source of information, news, media, and discussion, and a promotional tool for tournaments, teams and brands. UR7s.com is the online home for everything 7s.
The selected intern will join the news desk to ensure continuity of interesting, relevant and diverse news flow from every level of rugby sevens around the world. As well as sourcing, proofing and editing day-to-day news flow, there will be opportunities to report from tournaments at weekends and researching and interviewing for special features.
Candidate requirements include:
• Desire to gain experience in a sports journalism environment
• Keen attention to detail with an excellent grasp of grammar, punctuation and spelling
• Excellent writing skills with a portfolio of example material
• Passion for rugby and knowledge of rugby sevens circuit and tournaments across Europe
• Creatives, personable and professional manner
• Commitment to setting and meeting challenging targets
• Strong communication skills and confidence to reach out for results and information
• Must be able to work from UR7s London office
This is a fantastic work experience opportunity in a start-up environment for someone who is passionate about sport and looking to develop a career in sports journalism and/or digital media. A monthly stipend will be paid to the successful candidate to help cover expenses.
To apply please send your C.V. and a letter of application to careers@UR7s.com
UR7s is presently looking for a UK-based promotional team who will be known at the ‘UR7ettes’. We are looking for a team of 7 young ladies to become the face of our promotional activity at UK and European tournaments throughout the summer. Whether you are looking for summer work whilst on holiday from University or work in promotions… it’s the perfect summer gig! The team will have a unique presence on UR7s.com so that the entire 7s online community will get to know the ‘7ettes’ and who they are.
If you are interested in becoming a 7ette then please email a cover letter, documenting any relevant experiences along with a photo of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org with “7ettes” in the email title.